Friday, November 29, 2013

South on Highway 12

I had one day to get from Manteo, down to Hatteras Island, then hop a ferry to Ocracoke Island and then hop a ferry to get off Ocracoke back to mainland North Carolina. I needed to see all three lighthouses in the daylight.



So pushing on south highway 12 in between the Bodie Island Lighthouse and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse I passed through the beach towns of Rodanthe:



I didn't have time for Richard Gere's and Diane Lane's 2008 experience in the little beach nook.

Then through Salvo and Avon. Actually, later in 2009 I would return to Avon for a beach wedding. So I guess there is a lot of love to be found on the shores of the Outer Banks.

I just found sand, water and some interesting places to stay.















No comments:

Post a Comment